||75g Tube, 310g Cartridge
||Neutral Cure Silicone
Where can this product be used?
- Adhering mirrors to walls
- Adhering metal letterboxes to exterior walls
- Adhering bathroom fixtures to walls
- Adhering tool holders on metal shed walls
- Adhering house numbers to exterior walls
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Sheet metal
How To Use
- Ensure surfaces are clean (can be applied on wet or damp surface, its ideal if the surface is dry)
- Apply a layer of masking tape along the perimeter line where Selleys Blockade is to be applied
- Cut cartridge tip with a knife or blade and inset into caulking gun
- Attach nozzle on cartridge and cut the nozzle tip at 45 degree angle
- Apply zig zag on the portion
- Attach masking tape to temporarily fasten the mirrors/fixtures in place while adhesive dries
- Adhesive fully dries after 24 hours
For Applications on Mirror:
- For mirrors up to 6mm thick, apply strips/beads of adhesive approximately 8cm apart. Do not apply adhesive as ‘blobs/dollops’, or over vinyl backing, or within 5cm of mirrors edge as this may affect product performance or cause dis-colouration.
- When mirror is pressed onto the wall strips of adhesive must not spread into, or touch one another. A gap must remain between them.
- Support mirror with clips or tape until adhesive develops strength (normally 72 hours).
- Mirrors should not be fixed directly to unpainted timber, plaster, concrete or brick walls. These surfaces should be painted to prevent potential damage to mirrors.
- Not recommended for fixing vinyl back mirrors.
- Not for permanent water immersion.
- Not for repairing broken glass.
- Cannot be painted over.
- Do not use as the sole bonding agent for structural bonding.
- Not suitable for totally enclosed bonds. Adhesive requires air to cure.
- Not re-positionable.
- Painted surfaces should not be flaky or peeling. Freshly painted surfaces should be allowed to dry for at least 7 days before job is done. Test compatibility on painted surface before using.
- For vinyl backed mirrors, apply adhesive inside vinyl cutouts and not over the vinyl.
- Glue lines may be visible through surfaces that are not perfectly opaque.
- If in doubt, conduct an adhesion test by curing a little adhesive onto mirror backing for 24 hours. If adhesive can be peeled off, do not proceed.
- Uncured product may be removed with mineral turpentine.