Getting a proper seal around your bathroom sink prevents water penetration.
Here’s the best way to ensure a complete seal around your sink area to make it easier to clean and less prone to water damage and dis-colouration.
- Clean your workspace so that it’s free from dust and debris. If necessary, cut away or remove any existing silicone. Contaminants will prevent a decent bond, so wipe over the area with some thinner.
- Load the Selleys S601 Silicone Sealant cartridge into your a caulking gun.
- Hold the sealant tip at a 45 degree angle and apply the silicone evenly and with a steady hand. When you reach the end of the area you want to seal, release the lever to stop the flow of silicone.
- Use a damp finger or rounded spatula to wipe off any excess product to ensure a smooth, clean finish. Allow the silicone to cure before exposing to water (approximately 10 hours).
- Clean up any excess and tools with thinner before the product cures.
- For neater joints, using masking tape along the joint like and remove the tape before the sealant dries off.